Coral ID - Lobo or Trachy

belly14

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2023
Messages
77
Reaction score
26
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I picked up what I believe is a Lobo Brain Coral from a local store, but I wanted to double-check that it is, in fact, what I have as opposed to a Trachyphyllia Brain Coral??

Also (as it's my first lobo), it's placed on the sandbed, does it need to be upright? so the hard bit at the bottom berries in the sandbed or do I leave as it is now?

Thanks in advance!

C.

WhatsApp Image 2024-10-28 at 09.56.51 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-10-28 at 09.56.51.jpeg
 
Trachy and place upright so sand doesn’t touch the flesh
 
OK, so it is a Trachy?!? LFS said it was Lobo Brain...

I had it initially upright but it seemed to keep falling over, I have tried to put the hard bottom a bit more in the sand bed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new