OP
OP
kirstyflash

kirstyflash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. Looks like a tree sponge now. Are the white areas in your pics not polyps?

Whatever it ends up being, I want one. I've never seen such vibrant yellow. ;Cat
Not the best of pics sorry, some of the white is stuff that has floated around the tank and stuck, I think some are hydroids?

MUSBFRANK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a sponge, turning white usually means it's dying off, AWESOME Xmas tree rock by the way, love those guys!

OP
OP
kirstyflash

kirstyflash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a sponge, turning white usually means it's dying off, AWESOME Xmas tree rock by the way, love those guys!
Nooooooo! Now I want to cry! My lawnmower Blenny keeps grooming it, would that upset it? Anything I can do to bring it back?
And in regards to the Xmas tree worms- I first saw them on Octonauts and fell in love. The first rock we got was the small one with about 15 worms, a Paly, 3 coral hermits and some coral barnacles. The second has over 40 worms, over 20 coral hermits, coral barnacles, micro brittle stars and stomatellas and I could keep going on. Just full of life.

OP
OP
kirstyflash

kirstyflash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
98EA5C12-4141-4A78-BDD4-2D7F50E4890C.jpeg
Update- 4 months on. It’s still alive! Has not died off at all. Been relocated a few times but is happiest in shadow. Since I put it here it has started to grow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kirstyflash

kirstyflash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll upgrade all other offers to a Great Dane and Two WHOLE cats. That's right, not pieces, but entire felines.
Lol! My pooch is a Great Dane x ridgeback and I have three cats, also whole, plus a Rex rabbit and two eastern blue tongues. I’m really not short on animals, or children (got three of them and a hubby ;) )if it ever reproduces (not sure how sponges do) but if somehow it does :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back