Coral ID please?

TheXpander

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2020
Messages
142
Reaction score
164
Location
Scotland
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, can anyone ID this for me please?

C323E239-A920-44CC-B5F1-FAA64AEAD1E5.jpeg
 
How did you get an ID that easily?
Just experience, I’ve been keeping reef tanks for over 20 years, and I prefer to use Latin names over trade names. I’ve kept this species many times, and currently have some (they’re pretty unmistakable, IMO). But ask me to ID acroporas and most SPS and I’m useless.
 
Just experience, I’ve been keeping reef tanks for over 20 years, and I prefer to use Latin names over trade names. I’ve kept this species many times, and currently have some (they’re pretty unmistakable, IMO). But ask me to ID acroporas and most SPS and I’m useless.
I can barely ID the mushrooms I kept in the past let alone the ones I have now lol
 
Lights on
 

Attachments

  • 6114C81C-DB70-43F1-9A25-311F177A083D.jpeg
    6114C81C-DB70-43F1-9A25-311F177A083D.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 40
Green hairy mushroom and can reproduce quickly
 
Yeah, I agree with MaxTremor’s ID (I don’t know the common name for these guys but after seeing photos I agree with it being R. indosensis).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new