Coral ID- torch, hammer, frogspawn… mutant?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter partyfow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

partyfow

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
23
Location
paducah
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this at a local shop.. it was in bad shape and I nursed it back to health. Sold as a hammer, I guess due to the thick tips. Looks more like a short tentacled torch but then one head is splatter colored purple and yellow with nodules on some of the tentacles like frogspawn. Color is also more indicative of a hammer or froggy. Thoughts?

IMG_9013.jpeg
 
They called it frammer at one point (frogspawn/hammer hybrid). If it’s able to extend a bit more than a hammer, it could be a cristata torch.
 
I was leaning toward a cristata until I start to see the nodes. But just on the one mutant head
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9013.jpeg
    IMG_9013.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 30
I mean if ya want to mail me a frag i can try to grow it out and see how they compare in a few years :) looks great to me
 
I was leaning toward a cristata until I start to see the nodes. But just on the one mutant head
not a Cristata; the purple-acrosphere-green-stalk coloration is generally more of a Fimbriaphyllia thing. It's a hammer
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new