OP
S

SM37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could be a few things, one is rececession where the tissue has died back, could also just be very closed up or bleaching like you mentioned. A photo would help of the individual spot
I don’t have have one of those fancy orange filters, but with my blue lights on the polyps are opening I think. I can see yellow little eyes, well mouths. But that should be a good sign, yes? All day there has been more of the yellow showing up. I’m also gonna give a little reef roids to them tonight. I’m going to be doing a water change tonight as well. Or do you think I should skip the roids and just do the water change?

Attachments

• IMG_4694.jpeg
    IMG_4694.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4693.jpeg
    IMG_4693.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
S

SM37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to say thank you to everyone that is willing to help. It’s pretty cool knowing I can come for advice and most are willing to help! I appreciate it.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have have one of those fancy orange filters, but with my blue lights on the polyps are opening I think. I can see yellow little eyes, well mouths. But that should be a good sign, yes? All day there has been more of the yellow showing up. I’m also gonna give a little reef roids to them tonight. I’m going to be doing a water change tonight as well. Or do you think I should skip the roids and just do the water change?
I'd skip reef-roids. You'll know when they're fully open and when they're just starting to open they're not willing to accept food most of the time.

OP
OP
S

SM37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everybody, so last night about an hour or so after my lights went out( I run the moonlight for about a half hour from 9:30-10:00) my gonis started to open!! It was super exciting to watch it. The polyps looked translucent/ghostly white. I let them sit on the bottom of the tank for about 5ish days then moved it to the middle of the tank off to the side and it seemed to almost puff up. I took that as a good sign and left it then like I said last night they opened. So this is a good thing right?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everybody, so last night about an hour or so after my lights went out( I run the moonlight for about a half hour from 9:30-10:00) my gonis started to open!! It was super exciting to watch it. The polyps looked translucent/ghostly white. I let them sit on the bottom of the tank for about 5ish days then moved it to the middle of the tank off to the side and it seemed to almost puff up. I took that as a good sign and left it then like I said last night they opened. So this is a good thing right?
Polyp extension is always a good sign, any pics?

OP
OP
S

SM37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a blurry picture sorry. I thought I took more than one last night but I guess not. They are currently closed, I can still the yellow mouths and the flesh on the skeleton is much more plump than in my previous pictures. I will try and get another better picture when they are out again.

Attachments

• IMG_4723.jpeg
    IMG_4723.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 25

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a blurry picture sorry. I thought I took more than one last night but I guess not. They are currently closed, I can still the yellow mouths and the flesh on the skeleton is much more plump than in my previous pictures. I will try and get another better picture when they are out again.
Yeah, give it time and it should be open and happy

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic!! Do you think I should try target feeding it at night? Or continue playing the waiting game. I was giddy like one of my kids at Christmas when I noticed it haha
I'd wait for full PE, though you could try broadcast feeding small meaty foods or phyto

OP
OP
S

SM37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everyone, so a little update on the gonis; they are now extending, I’m sure they are a bit bleached as the polyp is see through. But they stay open all day and night but at night they get real puffy when the moonlight comes on for 45 min before lights out. I fed them the other day and they seemed to puff right up!

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everyone, so a little update on the gonis; they are now extending, I’m sure they are a bit bleached as the polyp is see through. But they stay open all day and night but at night they get real puffy when the moonlight comes on for 45 min before lights out. I fed them the other day and they seemed to puff right up!
Would love to see photos of that

OP
OP
S

SM37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will for sure try to get a couple nice ones when moonlight is on tonight. It’s actually pretty neat looking. A bright yellow “eye” while the rest of the polyp is see through. I’m real excited to get them to color up!

OP
OP
S

SM37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took these this morning!

Attachments

• IMG_4791.jpeg
    IMG_4791.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4792.jpeg
    IMG_4792.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 21

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back