Coral id .. ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Drewbacca
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Drewbacca

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
453
Reaction score
235
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... anyone?
(..i mean, how should I know!? ..Not like I chose..and bought it Myself last year.)
Thnx. :)
1000021849.jpg
 
...and this one.. psammacora?..porites?
Screenshot_20240802_141945_Gallery.jpg
 
The better detail I get, the more I think you are correct... Turbinaria.
Screenshot_20240813_112419_Gallery.jpg
 
...and this one.. psammacora?..porites?
Screenshot_20240802_141945_Gallery.jpg
I would need a better photo showing septo-costae to ID properly. The morph you have is labeled as Psammocora, but depending on whether the septo-costae are petaloid or not, it could also be Pavona or Cycloseris wellsi/explanulata.

Does it look like this:
1723568928352.png


or like this:
1723569021617.png
 
I have diff varieties of both.. and can normally id with a decent level of confidence.. wether that condidence is true or false is a diff topic.. : ) always learning.
this one is just So Fraggin difficult.. I suppose because it is just so small right now.. This is probably the best pic I can get:
Screenshot_20240814_141918_Gallery.jpg
 
Starry night Lepto even.
Screenshot_20240814_162210_Google.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new