Coral id

  • Thread starter Thread starter Han
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Han

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
598
Reaction score
741
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My parents have had this coral (the green one) in their reef tank for close to 2 years and it has at least tripled in size. That said, I don’t know what it is and neither do they. Can anyone let me know what it is?

70D2312B-1540-4A7B-816F-9D9894C9E6AE.jpeg
F77C4B10-6989-4CF8-AD37-91F486DFE46E.jpeg
 
^ I agree
 
+1 on Hydnophora
 
Thanks guys I’ll read up on it. The bottom died out from lack of light I’m assuming.
 
A favorite of mine as Hydnophora reminds me of a common branching SPS with horns sprouting out all over its body. The growth patterns on this coral are something very different and unique from other corals which makes it very interesting. I suggest to Place the Hydnophora coral in the upper level of your tank for high light and in an area of very high water flow. The closer you can get your coral to the light without bleaching it you will notice the color gets brighter.
 
A favorite of mine as Hydnophora reminds me of a common branching SPS with horns sprouting out all over its body. The growth patterns on this coral are something very different and unique from other corals which makes it very interesting. I suggest to Place the Hydnophora coral in the upper level of your tank for high light and in an area of very high water flow. The closer you can get your coral to the light without bleaching it you will notice the color gets brighter.

Is it common for the bottom to die off like that?
 
Is it common for the bottom to die off like that?
No. maybe be detrious or lack of light in that area
 
Thanks, itll likely to going to my tank soon as it’s getting too big for that one so I’ll be sure to put it in a better lit area.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new