Coral id

elcapitan1993

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
819
Reaction score
334
Location
white city
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This coral is at my local petco but I have no idea what they are and they get them in all the time, can anyone help me with this I’d?

F8742171-F22A-4E00-9C04-83C11F8C8DDE.jpeg
 
It looks like its polyps aren't extended due to the poor conditions. When I bought leathers from petco, it was months until I saw polyps. They're beautiful corals, but when bought from petco they usually need some extra love and attention when put into the tank.
 
It looks like its polyps aren't extended due to the poor conditions. When I bought leathers from petco, it was months until I saw polyps. They're beautiful corals, but when bought from petco they usually need some extra love and attention when put into the tank.
I thought it looked weird, I couldn’t tell because of how closed up they all are, that’s why I hate not having a real coral shop
 
I’d get it. All of my petco leathers developed really nicely and wound up being steals (yellow toadstool leather, sinularia, devil’s hand, toadstool), easily worth more than the 25 bucks they were sold for once they opened up.
 
I agree with some kind of leather.

There is a petco relatively close to me that has the fish section ran by a hobbiest and its weird going into a petco and seeing a section of sps corals, and they are healthy looking with good coloration and polyp extension too.
 
I’d get it. All of my petco leathers developed really nicely and wound up being steals (yellow toadstool leather, sinularia, devil’s hand, toadstool), easily worth more than the 25 bucks they were sold for once they opened up.
Yeah I think I’m going to, I just got a rare type of Kenya coral their worth 200$ online and I’m in the process of trying to save it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new