Coral ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alex2211
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alex2211

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased this guy 3 days ago. It has calcious leg But seems it do not opening Today I noticed microscopic brownish black dots starting to appear. I have 150g , Complete Neptune APEX and trident controled enviroment.

20211112_094822.jpg
 
Purchased this guy 3 days ago. It has calcious leg But seems it do not opening Today I noticed microscopic brownish black dots starting to appear. I have 150g , Complete Neptune APEX and trident controled enviroment.

20211112_094822.jpg
To me, That’s not any of the stony corals I think what you have there is a finger leather coral (A softie).
 
Thanks for ID support. I had this on mind...To your best knowledge...3 days not opening...Is it a little bit to many? Oversstressed...I purchased it closed...
 
Thanks for ID support. I had this on mind...To your best knowledge...3 days not opening...Is it a little bit to many? Oversstressed...I purchased it closed...
To me, it may just be in shed but if it doesn’t then I would try get it into more flow if possible.
 
Looks like a closed up sinularia sp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new