Coral identification

I wish I had that color! Green tends to be really common among trachys, though I'm not willing to spend a fortune on a massive red one. Do you have any photos of it at night? Definitely has a unique polyp shape among trachys, though I don't know if it can be anything else. Maybe @encrustingacro could verify if im correct? The shape sort of looks like a lobo rowleyensis but the skeleton isn't one of that, too flat to be an acantho, though my bet is on trachy.
Closest picture I have to night I'll definitely try to take some more for ya
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20231009_122217404.jpg
    IMG_20231009_122217404.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 66

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new