Coral identify

altantuyaathedoll

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2022
Messages
44
Reaction score
23
Location
Vietnam
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of coral is this ?
what is the name of it ?
I bought it from my lfs and was told it’s clove pollyps but it’s been a week and there’s no pollyps to be seen it is alive though.
The coral is at the top Middle portion of the photo I attached.

09C1AC35-ED71-40B0-836E-0004FCCFA13B.jpeg
 
Looks like Galaxea. Bad news! Keep away from any other coral. They are very aggressive and have very long sweepers
Ok thanks.
I think I will return it to my lfs
because now I’m scared and it doesn’t look that pretty.
 
Just keep it away with the flow facing away too. I have one. IME its more active at night.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new