Coral in the darkness

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
789
Reaction score
437
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty large space that is just empty in my aquarium. It's occasionally occupied by my cleaner shrimp, my fire shrimp rarely lives the shadows, I'm guessing that's a part of his witness protection program, anyway what types of coral would look cool here?
I've looked at sun coral, which is a possibly, but they require a lot of attention. My LFS has a colony that eats but it's more than I can spend right now. I've looked at discosoma mushrooms it seems like they can spread faster than I want.

20260709_082434.jpg
 
Thats a fine choice too, and it seems you're already aware of its care needs.
I research everything before it goes in my aquarium. I have the philosophy that these creatures are moving from the ocean to my aquarium I want to know how to give them a good quality of life while they're here.
 
I research everything before it goes in my aquarium. I have the philosophy that these creatures are moving from the ocean to my aquarium I want to know how to give them a good quality of life while they're here.
Good on you for doing research!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new