Coral lighting

MossyFroggyLove

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2024
Messages
864
Reaction score
828
Location
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, what is the best lighting for corals? Is it the more blue the better or is it possible I keep corals successfully in white marine light. I use a Spectra led light.
 
Its not possible to answer the question "what is the best light"? There are too many options.

Corals can grow under white light, yes. I have metal hallide which is very white.

If you have a specific question, let us know, someone should be able to help you out.
 
Maybe get the mods to move the
Post over to lighting for more eyes
fwiw I have Red Sea RL90’s AI Prime HDs and Neptune
 
Here is some options of lighting I have
 

Attachments

  • 20240817_092058.jpg
    20240817_092058.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 46
  • 20240817_092028.jpg
    20240817_092028.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240817_092204.jpg
    20240817_092204.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 45
Right now I am keeping my lighting at the middle which seems to be OK. But it eould be nice to keep it at white
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new