Coral looks weird

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210928_162100.jpg
trachyphyllia has raised white all over. What is it? It was perfectly fine this morning. It hasn't lost color at all.

OP
OP
M

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kinda looks like exposed skeleton, but it's hard to tell with the blue light.
What does that mean? Do I need to move it? I have a Koran angelfish and I've seen her pick at it. Is it jist irritated? I hope it's not dying. Should I acclimate to a different tank

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a coral expert but If you have option to move it to another aquarium that would be my 1st choice, if being eaten try to cover to stop angle fish picking at it

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I get rid of nitrite? I'm doing a 25% water change this wknd. Will prime help
How long have you had it? Looks like it’s dying/dead and breaking apart. Probably why your fish was picking at it. Although it’s possible the angel was picking at it before which lead to it’s current state.

what test kits are you using? Nitrite probably a false positive and even if it’s not, it’s not an issue for a saltwater tank. Most likely it’s the 0 phosphate. Corals need phosphate .05-.1ppm range or they will often starve.

ChaosAquaculture

Specializing in the Ridiculous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that the tank is only two months old, its usually not recommended to put hard coral in such a young tank. How much do you feed? your parameters check out, but your phosphate being at 0 I'd say played a contributing part to it dying. the white you see is the skeleton. Also what is your par roughly? lighting? - kali

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What does that mean? Do I need to move it? I have a Koran angelfish and I've seen her pick at it. Is it jist irritated? I hope it's not dying. Should I acclimate to a different tank
The angelfish picking on it, it probably has eaten a lot more of the coral than you noticed. Angelfish usually love fleshy meaty corals.

Any updates on the trachy?

OP
OP
M

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The angelfish picking on it, it probably has eaten a lot more of the coral than you noticed. Angelfish usually love fleshy meaty corals.

Any updates on the trachy?
I moved him closer to a rock in a different spot and fed him oyster feast. His skelton is still showing don't seem as bad and still has lots of color. I'm not giving up that is for sure. Will the angel kill it?

OP
OP
M

Mast33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that the tank is only two months old, its usually not recommended to put hard coral in such a young tank. How much do you feed? your parameters check out, but your phosphate being at 0 I'd say played a contributing part to it dying. the white you see is the skeleton. Also what is your par roughly? lighting? - Kalispell
So is it dying? It still has alot of color and vibrant. I checked phos this morning with hanna and red .42. Should I add some phos drops? Ai prime lighting. Not sure on par. All other corals r doing fantastic I have 2 other trachs as well doing fantastic

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 164 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.3%
Back