Coral only tank, pods eating zoa lashes

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago I lost my few fish in my lagoon to a bacterial bloom. Didn’t add supplemental oxygen like an idiot. Oh well, tank is three years old and corals are growing great. I have begun to notice that some of my zoas are loosing lashes and I can only assume it’s from hungry pods because I am now only feeding the tank AB+. I know the easy answer is to put a fish back in the tank. Problem being is I am moving the tank across country March 1 and don’t want to add anything that will make the move with a reef and three little kids any more difficult. Should I add food to the tank for them to eat or will their population eventually die out without food in the tank to eat?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Unless isopods or amphi Pods, I can’t see them doing such

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago I lost my few fish in my lagoon to a bacterial bloom. Didn’t add supplemental oxygen like an idiot. Oh well, tank is three years old and corals are growing great. I have begun to notice that some of my zoas are loosing lashes and I can only assume it’s from hungry pods because I am now only feeding the tank AB+. I know the easy answer is to put a fish back in the tank. Problem being is I am moving the tank across country March 1 and don’t want to add anything that will make the move with a reef and three little kids any more difficult. Should I add food to the tank for them to eat or will their population eventually die out without food in the tank to eat?
If you have something that eats zoas, they wouldn't have waited until you fed less. They would have just made more babies. Why do you think it's pods? Did you ever see a pod eating them?

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only think it’s pods because the only thing that are now in the tank aside from corals are two trochus snails, one blue leg hermit and the odd astrea star. Tank always had a load of pods but figured without any supplemental food they may be getting to the point of starvation and looking for anything they can to eat.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back