Coral or Anemone

icehood24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like an anemone for my clownfish to host but I’ve heard they can kill a whole tank when they die and that scares me a lot. Would there be any kind of coral that looks like anemone that they would host? Can somebody walk me through all this?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
if you run carbon you’ll be fine as long as you keep stable parameters. do you have any corals in the tank? how old is the tank?

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard of clownfish hosting goniopora, euphyllia/fimbriaphyllia, and zoas, but it might not be common for them to host corals.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like an anemone for my clownfish to host but I’ve heard they can kill a whole tank when they die and that scares me a lot. Would there be any kind of coral that looks like anemone that they would host? Can somebody walk me through all this?
Do more research on anemones, they're going to be your best bet to host clowns. But do some research before attempting to keep an anemone for sure

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anemones do not die just like that. The risk is any that go walkabout and get sucked in powerhead. I use Neat/ Nemguard and they work perfect in keeping Nems and fishes away.

Clowns can host in Goni but if clown is your priority, Nem hosting is best.

OP
OP
I

icehood24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you run carbon you’ll be fine as long as you keep stable parameters. do you have any corals in the tank? how old is the tank?
Oh I have a relatively new tank I don’t plan on putting anything else in for a while.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back