Coral Placement Chart or Graph?

dimik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I was wondering if there is a resource for coral placement so they don't kill eachother.

I know hammers & torches can be next to each other but nothing else.

Same with favites and favia since they have long tentacles.

I have other corals still in my QT and I wan't to make sure i'm placing them far enough so the warfare doesn't kill them off.

I have 3 hammers, 1 torch, 1 Duncan, 3 zoas, 1 Favite 1 Favia, 2 stylo, a chalice, 2 montis, 1 encrusting and a rainbow ricordia. With the exception of my hammers/torch having their own section what else needs to be far away from the rest?

skiman27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalices can be very aggressive, same with the hammers and torch. Mainly, LPS are the ones that have highly developed sweepers, as well as some softies. Most sps kill on contact, not with sweepers

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is great place to reference their charts have served me well when placing corals. I've made sure I hard copies just in case the site ever goes away :) They have guides for SPS, LPS and Softies/Zoas

OP
OP
D

dimik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is great place to reference their charts have served me well when placing corals. I've made sure I hard copies just in case the site ever goes away :) They have guides for SPS, LPS and Softies/Zoas
This is exactly what i need! Thanks so much!!

OP
OP
D

dimik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalices can be very aggressive, same with the hammers and torch. Mainly, LPS are the ones that have highly developed sweepers, as well as some softies. Most sps kill on contact, not with sweepers

Here is how I placed everything. I think this setup should work. Do ya'll see anything that must be moved away from something else? Sorry for poor lighting & **** photos. Took with my phone.

hammer&torch.jpg
placement.jpg
chalice & zoa.jpg

middle.jpg
middle.jpg middle.jpg

OP
OP
D

dimik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, as with everything though unexpected things can happen. I would watch how much light that SPS is getting on the rack, and if it's super low try not to leave them on there for too long
Thanks again for your feedback! It's getting good light just had to move it over & make it white to take photos.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 128 42.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 105 34.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 48 15.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back