Coral placement help please.

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few corals I haven't glued down and had them in temporary spots because I had to move around rocks and stuff. I think I've finally finalized my rock placement and stuff now I need to glue down the corals.

I have a Duncan, Frogspawn, Candy Cane Coral and Favia coral
I'm not too sure where would be the best place to put them.

I put a grid picture so it's easier but ill put the original too. You can see the corals in the tank right now in random spots. I'd like your personal opinions in the best spot that you also think will look good with the future growth of the coral.

IMG_20180320_153607990.jpg

IMG_20180320_153607990.jpg

OP
OP
Benga

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The birdsnest in the tank and Ricordea are already glued and the xenia is on an island because it's a xenia lol

I only have one powerhead in the tank on the back left that pushes 800gph and then i have the sump return on the top right

Last edited:

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the coral you listed don't normally like strong flow or light so I would just start there. Most of my coral are placed where they are because of requirements rather than where I would like them to go. What kind of lighting and flow are you running?

OP
OP
Benga

Benga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the coral you listed don't normally like strong flow or light so I would just start there. Most of my coral are placed where they are because of requirements rather than where I would like them to go. What kind of lighting and flow are you running?

Only flow I have is the small 800gph powerhead in the back left corner and the sump return which is another 700gph on the top right.
My lighting is a Chinese Black box. I put my Duncan up in 8F right when i took this shot and he hasn't been happy there so i moved him back to 8G.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only flow I have is the small 800gph powerhead in the back left corner and the sump return which is another 700gph on the top right.
My lighting is a Chinese Black box. I put my Duncan up in 8F right when i took this shot and he hasn't been happy there so i moved him back to 8G.
The coral you currently have are all relatively easy to keep coral so they will probably adjust no matter where you put them (assuming the lighting and flow aren't extreme in either direction). I would give them time to acclimate and leave them....sometimes it can take some time for them to adjust to the new conditions. With the exception of maybe C5 (due to strong lighting), I don't think there is a spot in your tank where those coral won't thrive.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back