Coral Placement / Tank feedback

dionis2508

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, two months ago I decided to switch over from freshwater to saltwater tanks and I'm trying to get the hang of things. I'm currently working with a Waterbox 20 Cube, AI Prime 16HD Reef, Nero 5, live sand, and live rocks. After making sure the tank was fully cycled I decided to get my frags and I'm still trying to figure out the correct placement for things. I was hoping to get some guidance/feedback on the placement of my corals as well as the set up of my rocks. I've seen tanks with much more rocks and I feel like I'm limited in space so I'm not sure if I'm missing rocks or if I'm okay. I currently have 20lbs of rocks.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out what fishes to get for the tank to complete it. I currently only have a blood shrimp and two snails and a blue leg crab. I used to have a pair of clowns but they died from brooklynella due to my lack of knowledge at the time. Most likely I will be getting a new pair soon.

IMG_0611.jpg
 
1) Watch out about your green star polyps on the main rock structure. It will quickly spread and will cover the entire structure in no time. Consider making a GSP island.
2) As far as rock is concerned, it's completely a personal preference. Some people like it minimalistic and others enjoy proving tons of nooks/crannies for their fish/inverts to play/hide in.
3) Long term, you might find the aussie lord is happier a bit lower, but that's just a general trend- you'll have to see how it's color is and how "bubbly it is"
4) What fish were you leaning towards (beyond clowns). I'm a big fan of gobies/blennies in tanks of this size. Tons of personality and most are extremely peaceful.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new