Coral placement too close to each other?

Dustinc1983

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2019
Messages
102
Reaction score
98
Location
Denver, Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 head Duncan that’s been in place for 6 months or so. Started as two small heads, now three and always happy!
I also have a frogspawn ( not sure what type.. )? It has grown nicely from a little frag, it now has two areas (mouths, walls?) not sure what that’s called. It’s usually open about the size of baseball; a few months ago it would frequently appear bigger. Not necessarily the the number of “branches” but they seemed more transparent and thicker. Anyway, my question really is.. is there a chance it’s too close to the Duncan? Will it sting at all? I will attach a picture that’s a little hard to see but I would guess about 3” separate them . The frogspawn can be moved easily as it’s not glued in, a natural rock hole fit the plug perfectly and CUC doesn’t bug it. If I should move it, are they better in lower flow? Sorry rambling now. Thanks in advance for any tips.. Dustin

4B9CA234-9467-46EE-9507-51264973B5F6.jpeg


4557388A-AFCD-477A-9660-90A59981CC1A.jpeg
 
They both look happy where they are. Stinging would cause one of them to look irritated and upset
 
They look okay for now.You may need to move them farther apart as they grow.I would guess that the Frog spawn will send out stinging tentacles eventually.These will be longer so watch for those.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new