Coral Placement

Tod Howard

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2015
Messages
74
Reaction score
8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a 10'x2'x2' 300g bare bottom mixed reef. Is there some guidance on best placement regarding long term growth/crowding?
 
Welcome to R2R;)
 
We have a 10'x2'x2' 300g bare bottom mixed reef. Is there some guidance on best placement regarding long term growth/crowding?
SPS LPS SOFT CORALS What light you heave LED MH T5 ;)
 
Sorry, got sidetracked with work.lol 5 LED 165s, 2 RW20s, RO 5000 skimmer, Deepwater DC15 pump with lots of LR swim-thrus. I am trying to create a general layout but leave enough room for fill-in/growth and, of course, more purchases. Lots of encrusting montis on bottom. Midline and left we have "brain hole"(a large swim through with acans on one side and favia on the other, lobos seem happy in that general area too. We have an RFA garden higher up. 'Shroom pass is on one end, the other I think I am going to leave the other end for some branching SPS(only have birds nest so far). Might do a zoa garden if they ever peak my interest. I guess my biggest challenge is not knowing what to expect for grow out and keeping war from breaking out. I really like some of the pieces and don't want to regret long term placement.
Red monti cap
Grape monti cap
purple/green monti Spongodes
Slowburn
Undata
Appleberry
Pink ******* (frag)
Skiddles(frag)
Jailbait convict(frag)
toxic waste lepto(frag)
Miami Hurricanes(frag)
 
I guess my biggest challenge is not knowing what to expect for grow out and keeping war from breaking out
It depends on how fast these corals grow , you need to be sure you give them enough space to grow. You can always trim your corals to prevent them from war , and it depends on the species, the more aggressive corals give them more room.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new