Coral Progress...Getting it right is tough!

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well folks, we had a coral loss (lost our big torch which was a real black eye ;Blackeye) ... did some tweaking to our lights, flow and general husbandry before adding a few new corals...

To us they look okay...our Rose Bubbletip is a bit pale...but otherwise im content...

What do you folks think? Any critiques and suggestions vigorously welcomed.

Euphilia Octocoral Clip

Duncan Coral clip

Euphilia Hammer Coral clip

Rose Bubbletip Anemone clip

Rose Bubbletip Anemone Sister clip

Alveopora Coral clip

Montipora Digitata Coral clip

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything else LOOKS ok. Hard to see though with the blues on. Nemmies are really easy to see are bleached.

OP
OP
RC79ATC

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything else LOOKS ok. Hard to see though with the blues on. Nemmies are really easy to see are bleached.
We are trying to do feedings to "recolor" the BTAs. We started out with them low in the water and they crawled to those points and started going pale.

Any suggestions on helping them recover?

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be careful with feeding, you could be stressing them out making them bleach. They are searching for stronger lights I think. What are you using?

OP
OP
RC79ATC

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be careful with feeding, you could be stressing them out making them bleach. They are searching for stronger lights I think. What are you using?

I have a maxspect razor and a trio of current usa orbits

OP
OP
RC79ATC

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And we didnt start the feeding until the bleaching happened. This is actually an improvement from what it was 3 months ago

OP
OP
RC79ATC

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. It was under the razor before and was colored fine (darker red with green center). We just added more light when we went to the longer tank to suppliment. I will try shifting light its way and see if there is any progress.

Cheers!

Back