Coral Quarantine Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Opah
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Opah

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new corals are starting to recede and brown out in quarantine.

Here is my setup.

60 gallon
4 HOB filters
4 sponge
2 small power heads
1 black box ~12" high
1 reefbrite blue LED strip
Water is from main system (running for 11 years)
Alk 8.7
Calcium 430
Nitrate 3
Phosphate 0.05

I do water changes once a week. ~10 gallons from main display.

I feed aqua barn phyto daily (about 20ml) and reef chili every other day. Light period is ~12 hours.

I am planning to move some rock from the sump over and considering dosing some coral aminos. I have a par meter coming.

Coral is from Top Shelf.

Any thoughts or advice?

tempImageuZ5wOD.png tempImagetQ8SVz.png
 
Browning out is the increase of zooanthelle algae.
Typically from elevated po4
Also can be seen from a lack of par from the lighting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new