Coral Reef Die Off

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by islamist i meant a country which uses shari'ah law as the basis for its laws. such laws do not allow a muslim to convert. they do allow people of other faiths to live there, but to me religous freedom means complete freedom to change religions at any time with no one persecuting your for it. afghanistan tried to behead someone for converting to christianity from islam, and this was since we took over... not something i approve of.

i never said they would force religion people, that was the inquisition, a dark spot in my catholic history.

Saudi Arabia uses Shari'ah law... they have a Christian community. Albeit small, but in existence and not in jail or in fear of their lives. It is not unheard of for someone to convert, without being put to death.

All I am saying is, do not judge them all on the performance of a few militant people, or one nation who is trying to take it to an extreme.

:D
Laurie

Last edited:

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting here thinking about this conversation, it seems to me that perhaps this is how Bush got everyone to buy into attacking Iraq at first.

Most Americans have no idea that there is a difference between Islam and militant Islamic factions... just like the difference between militant Christianity and the Crusades and Christianity. No Christian will say that we want to convert people by giving the choice on the blade of a sword- no where does the Bible condone that.

Bush, I am beginning to think, counted on this sort of initial reaction- Iraq as "another" Islamic country... Americans thinking that Islam is to blame. Again, I am glad Saddam is gone. But I am greatly saddened that it has reinforced the belief of many Americans that Islam is a violent faith. If Osama goes to hell for anything besides whathe did 9/11, it will be the perversion of a peaceful religion in the world's mind.

:(
Laurie

im mostly with you; remember, cheney said on national television that the chech's had intel that iraqi agents had met with att in prague, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiNtpIpD6k

of course he later said "i have not suggested their is a connection between iraq and 911"

they had plans to invade iraq before 911, it just gave them a jumpstart.

i dont believe in heaven or hell, at least along the traditional up in the clouds paradise or fire and brimstone underground for eternity; our heaven or hell are right here in front of our eyes and under our feet everyday, it's what we make of it, that is our divine gift. My beliefs, both religious and secular, tell me that war is hell brought about by man on earth, and as such should be seen as the ultimate last resort, when every other avenue has been exhausted, and i don't see that as the case with iraq and bush.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides, I remember around 96-97 right before Saddam shot at our F16 flying on our side of the No Fly Zone that Osama was in Iraq meeting with Saddam... Two pricks, one party imo...

I believe that Earth feels like Heaven or Hell based freedom of choice- it can be Heaven or Hell for each of us based on Chaos Theory application of other's decisions; that having been said- I can still feell like it's Heaven anywhere I am, not matter how ugly it looks around me because I can choose how to perceive it and how I react to it. I plan to experience God's version later...

Hehe, I'll call em decapitated in my own mind as long as their leaders are on the run, can't plan worth crap because of it, and fail to pull off anything on our turf ever again. Woot woot!

Have a happy night!
Laurie

Last edited:

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39025

Here's one.. I got shown pics of this way before this was written.... It was freaking scary, even at the time pre 9/11... Not something I would forget...

Laurie
i read most of that, i wouldnt' trust any of it, as it quote's man different people, probably many out of context; and i believe if you wanted intel, i could get you intel "pointing to possible past meetings between the easter bunny and hitler where they vowed to establish a jewish state" our government was getting intel from people who wanted saddam gone, and apparently lied to us for money. he just told us what cheney wanted to hear.

near the end it links iraq and alqaeda to the oklahoma city bombings. come on...

In her book, Davis suggests the Sept. 11 attacks possibly could have been prevented if evidence of an Iraqi and al-Qaida link to the OKC bombing had been pursued. * are they serious?

The CIA believes ''fragmentary evidence points to possible Iraqi involvement'' in the bombing of the USS Cole in Oct. 2000, according to the memo.
* this is a perfect example, never take for fact anythign including "believes, fragmentary, points to, or possible" those are words which imply, but dont' carry weight, and are thus easily deniable. when your boss wants intel evaluated to support a particular cause, subordinates tend to lean that way in analysis.

this is a report two years ago about the yellowcake accusations, where it is revealed that 10 months before his state of the union speech he was made aware of questions about the authenticity of the report.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqGsAKBy0CA&mode=related&search=

Last edited:

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whoa i looked at this thread this morning and it was all about coral reefs dieing off. Now its about saudi arabia and saddam hussein or some stuff. Did i miss alot?? lol

:D steve

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laurie... I love ya :) But I can't continue the debate if your going to use worldnetdaily as your source for reliable information. No matter how much anyone would like to believe it, saddam and osama were not working together and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

Sadly I think bush's "catapulting" ( www.club-zoa.com/audio/bush_propaganda.mp3 ) really works as polls still find that a good chunk of americans still believe the fiction that Iraq was involved in 9/11 even though there has been no credible evidence to suggest such a connection.

Well, it's a little hard to find a link to military intel briefings from like 10 years ago... LOL I try to find what I can that was heard elsewhere. What they were doign back then was feeling each other out to see if the enemy of my enemy is really my friend. The problem is, no one but the military cared about what was going on with it, until 9/11. And after 9/11, all anyone cares about is whether Bush is right or wrong- and I couldn't care less- it's done now. And I am glad Hussein got caught hiding low in a hole and Al Qaida is having to do that crap on the run, hiding like the insects they are for the world to see. Insects do their best work in private, and now they have none. Sucks to be famous... Especially when everyone wants to shoot you instead of getting your autograph.

I really don't exist to subvert others to my thought pattern- I just have my opinions to what I watched happen while I was in, and what my friends have written me while killing time over in the sand. Scares me to hear from someone I used to drink with that thisis what the media reported, but this is what they really saw, and that they are terrified to wake up the next morning and do it again, or to even go to bed for that matter. I'd much rather be the Shia cabbie talking crap from the USA, than the US troop over there with a gun in the middle of people that hate him, sticking out like a sore white thumb. And you had better believe that that cabbie knew he had a willing ear, and that you were going to believe what he was saying as the gospel because he had been there. Was his golden opportunity, imo.

It IS freaking scary. IMO, it feels safer to watch WorldNetDaily. the Democrats, or the Republicans for that matter put their respective spins on the info than watch those old briefings where there was no politics, only point and shoot if you see X, Y, or Z..... Where I get scared is when intelligence people were telling troops before everyone went in country on that troop plane that we could expect X, because they had been watching Y. I mean, when someone says "Hey, if you see this guy and that guy, take the safe off", I pay attention. I could give a crap less about the politics at that point.

And the scariest thing of all for me is that I NEVER want our country to be somewhere where these jerks pop up killing people here the way they do in their own countries. That's what they really want, if you want my honest to God opinion. They are ticked that their own country's battlefield is the supermarket, the theatre, the bus stop... That they cannot raise families because the battlefield is where they are raising their families, and they can't stop it. They want our daily lives to be the same uncertainty of death. Misery loves company, and hates the happy.

I'm easy to love.. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. I understand that not everyone thinks the way I do. I mean, our info comes from different places- you saw yours on the internet, the TV, the newspapers, or the radio- mine comes from a different place and time and mind set I think. Therefore it doesn't surprise me that we have different ways of viewing it. ANd for the record, I don't think the way to prove info is to find it on any of those places- liek you said, they all spin it, some worse then others but they all do. They all have political agendas or are trying to make a buck.

It's not a mind set I can easily get out of either- cuz if, to this day, I see some of the people from those stupid Powerpoint breifings in country here about to wreak havoc near my loved ones, you are dang straight I would still take the safe off. Heck, I'd sign up for another round to help out. I always thought Medics would never have to shoot guns because we were detainees under the Geneva Conventions, but that's crap. What is really boils down to is that if they catch me with a gun, they shoot me; if they catch me without a gun, they shoot me for patching people up to go shoot them.

Laurie

Last edited:

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL KK I'm done now, I think that is the longest post I have ever made on any board!
Laurie

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha,

What's that song by Jay-Z? I hear it at school all the time on the kids' radios...

"I got 99 Problems but a ***** Ain't One" , since I got out, anyway...

Laurie

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back