Coral reefs in the Anthropocene

Dr_Carl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5401.jpeg
In the coming centuries, reefs will run the gauntlet of climate change, and rising temperatures will transform them into new configurations, unlike anything observed previously by humans. Returning reefs to past configurations is no longer an option. Instead, the global challenge is to steer reefs through the Anthropocene era in a way that maintains their biological functions. Successful navigation of this transition will require radical changes in the science, management and governance of coral reefs.

Hughes, T., Barnes, M., Bellwood, D. et al. Coral reefs in the Anthropocene. Nature 546, 82–90 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/nature22901

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5401.jpeg
In the coming centuries, reefs will run the gauntlet of climate change, and rising temperatures will transform them into new configurations, unlike anything observed previously by humans. Returning reefs to past configurations is no longer an option. Instead, the global challenge is to steer reefs through the Anthropocene era in a way that maintains their biological functions. Successful navigation of this transition will require radical changes in the science, management and governance of coral reefs.

Hughes, T., Barnes, M., Bellwood, D. et al. Coral reefs in the Anthropocene. Nature 546, 82–90 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/nature22901

I was going to read about it...can you post the link to the full article? When it's a serious topic such as this it's really important to actually read where the data came from and the rest of their methodology. I'm assuming that's part of the abstract but without knowing the data sources there's no support. I read a really crazy report just yesterday (I honestly am not sure it was even scientific research after reading the fine details of how they calculated their figures).

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back