REEFING HOBBY IN THE FUTURE?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t remember, but the show Tanked would to Florida to vendors that sold frag corals and fish, before they changed to LA wholesaler and I’ve read coral farming info from different places, such as various species being re-introduced back into former bleaching sites. Also, if you look on YouTube, about coral restoration you’ll find info, if farmers are vendors great
I am part of CRF. Thanks.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Places like Florida or other coastal states where the potential to introduce non native species from the hobby will be banned or severely monitored...like having a license to own non native Pacific species.

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there legitimately climate deniers in this hobby in the year 2023? It doesn't matter... this thread isn't beneficial IMO and the speculation just drives arguments rather than discussion. I was hoping to see a thread about developing tech enhancements in aquaria, not yet another ethics and conservation topic that devolves into red v blue nonsense. There's been several since I joined just a few months ago, I don't think this should be a weekly topic.

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Places like Florida or other coastal states where the potential to introduce non native species from the hobby will be banned or severely monitored...like having a license to own non native Pacific species.
Yes, and apparently fish can never be released once caught because of introducing viruses or bacteria to native species?

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wonder if they pay to have the plots they keep the rock at? What’s keeping someone from finding these places and just taking some?
We have a great relationship with Florida Fish & Wildlife officers and the Sheriffs who patrol the water around the farm and local boat ramps. They know our boat and where we work. If you don't have the mounds of paperwork to harvest Live Rock, prepare for a criminal record and hefty fines.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back