Coral saw?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a couple of corals that have gotten too big/thick to cut with bone cutters. I've tried several times to purchase this.

coral saw.jpg

Every time, it has been cancelled due to being out of stock. Any idea where I can get one? Taking the entire corals attached to the rocks would be impractical if not impossible, and I'm sure a hammer/chisel approach would be catastrophic. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ur still digging, I had great luck with a diamond wire saw I had laying around. Worked like a charm.
Still digging. Could I bother you for a picture? Sounds like this could be the answer.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still digging. Could I bother you for a picture? Sounds like this could be the answer.
No worries. I don't recall ever buying it so I must have inherited it from the previous homeowner. No labels for brand or anything. If I had to guess, it is for cutting iron pipe. Zipped right through a 1.5 inch base. Super rough wire.

Attachments

• IMG-5520.jpg
    IMG-5520.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries. I don't recall ever buying it so I must have inherited it from the previous homeowner. No labels for brand or anything. If I had to guess, it is for cutting iron pipe. Zipped right through a 1.5 inch base. Super rough wire.

That looks like something I can work with. Let the research begin!

OP
OP
Auquanut

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what works great. Using a piece of pvc as a pick, and taking a hammer to it. Are you just trying to trim or? Get stuff out?

I've got a couple of stylophoras that have gotten so thick that I can't put a dent in them with bone cutters. I've done a lot of trimming lately, but I need to do some serious deforestation.

Back