Coral shipping?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cincyreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cincyreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2014
Messages
242
Reaction score
117
Location
Cincinnati, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I bought a bunch of stuff from this past weekends WWC live sale. It will be arriving tomorrow. I have it being shipped to my work. I don't get off until 5pm EST., which I'm guessing will leave the corals in the box about 5-6 hours longer than if I were to go home at lunch and put them into the tank. Do you think it will harm or damage the corals, or should I just go home at lunch and acclimate them and put them in? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brent
 
It kind of depends on how the corals look when they get to you. Ive never ordered with WWC but assuming its shipped well they more then likely will be ok until after work but will for sure be good if you go acclimate and add them right away. If it was me id sacrifice my lunch and get the corals in the tank, takes away the worry.
 
shipped frags for 41 hours total couple of weeks back and they all made it. Depends on how healthy they are and on packing. Maybe inform the shipper to add a bit of water more.
 
I got a box in the mail last week. I picked it up at 1130, set the box on top of my welder until I got off work at 330. I had no problem at all with it and it was all sps.
 
Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll decide tomorrow once they get here. I'm leaning on taking them home at lunch as of now.
 
It will be good, if your work place is around 65-75 degrees, I'd open up the box and remove any heat or ice packs that were in the package, replace the lid and tape the box back up. Keep it out of direct sunlight too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new