• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Coral Skeleton Art

Quantum_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I picked up painting coral skeletons and now I want to share it with all of you!
It sucks when LPS or SPS colonies die and you throw them away... but I want to bring the beauty of an animal building a skeleton back!
Each piece is custom made. The customer and I will talk about which skeleton they want and how they want it to be painted.
Each skeleton with come with a handcraft wooden base. (Toasted, stained, and covered in a furniture varnish)
Prices:$50-$60 +shipping depending on size/complexity
Please contact me for any questions!

P.S I'm trying to raise money to build a koi pond for my grandparents as a way of thanks for all the years they've helped out my family!

Here are some examples of pieces I have made:
IMG-3323.jpg
IMG-3322.jpg
IMG_3587.jpeg
IMG-3321.jpg
IMG-3328.jpg
IMG_3586.jpeg
IMG-3511.jpg

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is a really cool idea! Besides looking great under as art, I can definitely see some hobbyists using this opportunity to commemorate their favorite pieces in memoriam.

OP
OP
Quantum_Reefer

Quantum_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is a really cool idea! Besides looking great under as art, I can definitely see some hobbyists using this opportunity to commemorate their favorite pieces in memoriam.
Thank you my guy! That was part of what I envisioned. It's just crazy to think about how such a small organism can build such a skyscraper!

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great! Makes me wish I had kept mine. I think this is going to fit right in with the FOWLR crowd. They look quite real and would add great color. How does the medium you r using hold up in saltwater?

OP
OP
Quantum_Reefer

Quantum_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great! Makes me wish I had kept mine. I think this is going to fit right in with the FOWLR crowd. They look quite real and would add great color. How does the medium you r using hold up in saltwater?
not meant to be put in the tank! :p Most pieces I've made for people they put it next to their tank. Pops under blues

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back