Here's a pic of my frag of burnin banana
image.jpg
I Love this piece

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you lump lepto's in with the stylo? They are pretty similar and hard to tell if there sps at frag swaps unless someone says what they are. I actually just picked up one with blue mouths.

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you lump lepto's in with the stylo? They are pretty similar and hard to tell if there sps at frag swaps unless someone says what they are. I actually just picked up one with blue mouths.
Not sure, kinda like a psammacora and lepto, monti mutant lol

LukeV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience to leptos and my single stylo lol, I'd say that leptos more resemble a lps coral. They don't really have polyps but eyes like chalice and favias.

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lepto definitely has polyps. but not like a LPS. Thats why i was curious since the stylo seems to look close to what a lepto is.

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a nice colony...... That lives on a dime sized frag lol Jason Fox rainbow

20160328_100709.jpg

MockandRoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the green/red stylo from unique corals for a few months. It has shown good growth but has been slowly losing color. It is midtank/left side. I have a lot of flow and the lights are led (radion)/t5 combo. The past 3 days it has shown no polyp extension and looks like it is almost shedding. All others corals look good. I think it is the flow, should I move it?
20170719_202804-01.jpeg

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems with mine losing color in low light , once I gradually moved it up it colored nicely. These corals are troopers I've had mine bleach completely 2 times

MockandRoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had problems with mine losing color in low light , once I gradually moved it up it colored nicely. These corals are troopers I've had mine bleach completely 2 times

Thanks for the reply. It has shed a lot. Mine is growing down away from the light. I can't move the rock it is on so I will probably wait a few weeks before deciding to move. It is good to know it can recover.

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. It has shed a lot. Mine is growing down away from the light. I can't move the rock it is on so I will probably wait a few weeks before deciding to move. It is good to know it can recover.
As far as growing down I've noticed mine spreads in the path with least obstacles

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my Superman BSA Firecracker and BSA Hot Pepper. I also have a Pink polyp, Purple base w/green polyps and Red

BSA Hot Pepper Stylo Resize.jpg

BSA Firecracker Stylo.jpg

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone asked about seeing a colony of this type of coral.

In this photo is a JF Superman Stylo, mounted on a disc. With my green stylo beside it. The green colony was small frags that broke off the rock beside it. The rock was covered in the green stylo at one point, but is now being overrun with dang mushrooms and pallys. Sorry about the quality (cellphone).

KHtR0HcG9AnQ201VjACBW2c6yE7PpD2S0nhYssXdegpXlwN0-WscXU5eFZUnNTQGF4z2UKIB8Z1EirXL1TH-gBDTJpCq2t4AXFyb60qixp_e3SsVyHe4c3BMHQwlPKIwzWjyWcmXAg=w747-h1328-no

For years I could not figure out what the green stylo was.

Dennis

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back