Coral suggestions for my lighting setup

echarleston

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with the current orbit marine led in the 48-60 inch size. Because I am still a newbie to reefing, I would rather ask and sound dumb than guess and do something wrong.

What kind of coral could this light support in my size tank? I was thinking softies and maybe a few hardier sps.

I would absolutely love to get a bta but realize that they are difficult and require a lot of light. Would a bta survive if it positioned itself near the top of the tank?

Thanks for any advice!!
 
I have a current usa on my 75. The only corals that seem to grow are the softies. My LPS are happy but are not growing. I also have a bta in my tank and is very happy. So honestly personal opinion it'll only grow soft corals. Also I have had this light on my tank since February and it's the generation 1. Now if you have the pro series you may be able to get away with growing LPS and low light SPS.
 
It's not the pro but thanks for the advice! I'm glad you bta is happy!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new