OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I would not do anything but the easiest LPS for now. It would be best if your parameters are stable in the correct ranges for a while first. There are a lot of good soft corals so you don't feel like you are looking at an empty tank. For example, pulsing Xenia is great, but you just need to keep it on an island, because it will spread all over anything it is touching.
Are there any LPS that you would recommend? Ill try my best to stop myself from buying LPS and go for softies first. But for future references, what LPS would you add for beginners like me? I prefer ones that promote movement and swaying

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any LPS that you would recommend? Ill try my best to stop myself from buying LPS and go for softies first. But for future references, what LPS would you add for beginners like me? I prefer ones that promote movement and swaying
Frogspawn is known to be the easiest euphilia.
You could look into hairy mushroom corals, they have long tentacles like an anemone.
Otherwise, softies have the best motion in a current.

OP
OP
Uzair Aiman

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frogspawn is known to be the easiest euphilia.
You could look into hairy mushroom corals, they have long tentacles like an anemone.
Otherwise, softies have the best motion in a current.
Alright. Ill try to avoid bubble coral til Im confident that my tank is stable. Ill look into softies and the first LPS Ill get after this would be a frogspawn then. Do frogspawns have 2 different variants (wall/branching) like hammers? And if so, is the branching also better than the walls?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. Ill try to avoid bubble coral til Im confident that my tank is stable. Ill look into softies and the first LPS Ill get after this would be a frogspawn then. Do frogspawns have 2 different variants (wall/branching) like hammers? And if so, is the branching also better than the walls?
I haven’t ever heard of wall frogs.
They are usually hardy, but still a euphilia, which is known for being finicky.
Mine do well in medium flow and high light.
Look at weeping willow toadstool for now, they look just like anemones but are very easy to keep alive. Expensive though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back