Coral suggestions

rodzyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
Just looking for a little advice, I currently have moved from a nano to a RSR 250v3. Does anyone have any nice coral ideas? Ones that really pop under the lights.

also another question is, where do people source their corals? My lfs seem to be struggling getting variety’s in.

thank you for reading, here is a picture of my current tank just 6 weeks in

05FB8839-CFCE-4FB0-B780-0A2E72517CBC.jpeg

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the above. It's also better to leave lights off and wait 4 months before corals. This gives your tank time to develop biodiversity and microfauna and will make the ugly stages more manageable.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice rockwork!

The flowy type corals and lps in general really bring a tank to life imo. Euphylia, goniopora, Duncan's, bright green candy canes...

OP
OP
rodzyo

rodzyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice rockwork!

The flowy type corals and lps in general really bring a tank to life imo. Euphylia, goniopora, Duncan's, bright green candy canes...
thank you,
The only reason I have fish and corals in there currently is due to me not having a place to store them whilst the switch commenced, so far so good though! The algae has now completely gone, parameters are perfect apart from 0 phosphate leaving my acans unhappy but that should be back up to 0.3 in a week or so.

I currently have a Duncan at the LFS on hold for me until the tank has a few more weeks under its belt, candy canes are probably one of my favourite corals which I do intend to get, but I want a few different colour variety’s. Then plan to get a few torches and hammers in there too.

thankyou all for the responses and help. Much appreciated

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back