Coral suggests

  • Thread starter Thread starter cjtabares
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cjtabares

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2009
Messages
461
Reaction score
226
Location
Bristol,RI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to add a coral to this ledge of my rock work. I was thinking maybe an encrusting monti or a monti cap. Hopefully the anemone would keep the encrusting coral in check. Also not looking for anything too expensive, who knows when the anemone will decide to go for a walk?

I am also open to other types of coral, not just spa.

This is the spot.
IMG_3889.jpeg
IMG_3890.jpeg
 
i don’t mean to be critical but I suggest you work on the algae before getting more coral. If you don’t, that algae will continue to spread and will smother out frags and kill them

And as for your suggestion look into a rainbow monti, they are easy growers and have nice colors. They Aren’t expensive either
 
i don’t mean to be critical but I suggest you work on the algae before getting more coral. If you don’t, that algae will continue to spread and will smother out frags and kill them

And as for your suggestion look into a rainbow monti, they are easy growers and have nice colors. They Aren’t expensive either
I have 2 urchins that keep it short. Didn’t want to kill all their food. The ball you see in the spot I circled is actually my tuxedo urchin who covered its self with it. My parameters all seem to be ok, maybe because of the algae? What would you suggest to remove it, just manually?

IMG_3891.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new