Coralife Biocube 32G

Kolegion

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
25
Location
Philadelphia
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, how is everybody doing? I recently started a bio Cuba 32 gallon and I have been just looking for some opinions and help on my set up. I will list everything that I have .
– Bio cube protein skimmer
– aqua tap slim 2100 wave pump.
– 45 pounds of live rock
– mechanical filtration fine wool like material on top and on the bottom foam block and then going to return pump also smaller size foam block
– 30 pounds of fine sand.
– stock bio cube light (please help her with the setting it up with the timer so it doesn’t blast my corals would like thank you )
– two small clown fish (one looks sick need some help)
– the bad so far I lost one goby one cleaner, shrimp, and one ananomy bubble tip
Corals that are currently in the tank:
-2 chalice
-1 bouncy mushroom
- 1 mushroom colony
- 1 Miyagi
-1 hammer (not sure the name)
-1 green star polyp
- 2 sometime of leather
-1 ananomy
I might be forgetting something but need some help with them dialing in the wave maker as well as the protein skimmer and how strong the flow should be filtration. What do I need the to those just to keep everything going healthy your input will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

You want enough flow that the corals are bobbing gently but the sand isn't getting blown around so much that you get bare patches.

I would be careful with that mushroom colony in your rockwork. They like to spread quickly and can completely take over. If you can isolate It as an island in the sand it will save you some headaches later if you don't want a mushroom dominated display.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

You want enough flow that the corals are bobbing gently but the sand isn't getting blown around so much that you get bare patches.

I would be careful with that mushroom colony in your rockwork. They like to spread quickly and can completely take over. If you can isolate It as an island in the sand it will save you some headaches later if you don't want a mushroom dominated display.
Makes sense I got the whole rock with them as a frag there is a lot of them I just can’t tell what type they are. Are you familiar with these species?
 
Makes sense I got the whole rock with them as a frag there is a lot of them I just can’t tell what type they are. Are you familiar with these species?
They are discosoma mushrooms. Very hardy but can spread quickly.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

You want enough flow that the corals are bobbing gently but the sand isn't getting blown around so much that you get bare patches.

I would be careful with that mushroom colony in your rockwork. They like to spread quickly and can completely take over. If you can isolate It as an island in the sand it will save you some headaches later if you don't want a mushroom dominated display.
Also wave maker is places right under top overflow it’s not leaving no more bare patches but I do have it set on the lowest mode and it’s feels like flow itself is strong outside but not in the middle of tank. Should I move it to the left side of the overflow? It will make more waves on top. Is that alright to have larger waves on surface?
 
Welcome, glad you are here! I have a Biocube 32 as well, up for almost 3 1/2 years. I’m working or I would try and help you out. Click on My Tank Thread and it should give you most of the answers if not message me. It is to early to add a bubble tip wait until your tank becomes stable, close to a year before you try again. I’ll be an Eagles fan temporarily on Sunday. ;)
1C4018FF-ADB5-4798-9BC9-0AD0612C1F0C.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new