Coraline under silicone edges

Prevailing Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2014
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
1,065
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be worried about this? A couple spots also have little chunks of silicone missing.

I notice when scraping with a Tunze scraper, the plastic head is able to go under the silicone.

This is an in wall tank and I just removed the wall trim that covered the edges of the tank for the last 5 years.


6EBC4334-5D0E-45EC-A046-E4468F375E56.jpeg
143BC798-E3AA-4D3C-B413-BB18BC7328F4.jpeg
710AC037-44DB-4897-9867-1D11641589B4.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I have some under mine too, though I don’t use a scraper. Following to see what others have to say.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new