Corallife Nano Protein Skimmer V-2

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried the Corallife Protein Skimmer V-2 in chamber 1 of an LED 32 Biocube? I've read several reviews of the original Biocube Skimmer and it had mixed reviews as an air stone skimmer. Is the newer needle wheel version an improvement? I'm not a fan of skimming previously filtered water as suggested by some. If I can't skim in chamber 1, I'll go skimless. Thoughts?

Stellywags

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried the Corallife Protein Skimmer V-2 in chamber 1 of an LED 32 Biocube? I've read several reviews of the original Biocube Skimmer and it had mixed reviews as an air stone skimmer. Is the newer needle wheel version an improvement? I'm not a fan of skimming previously filtered water as suggested by some. If I can't skim in chamber 1, I'll go skimless. Thoughts?
I know i'm a few months behind on this, but I am currently running the V-2 Coralife skimmer with great results on my Biocube 32. It does run a bit wetter then i perfer, but it really has done a great job of pulling some nasty skim. I think there may be a picture or too on my build thread.

OP
OP
CavalierReef

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stelleywags, thanks so much for your response. In the meantime, I did add the 115 mini skimmer to my equipment collection. I'll be setting up my Biocube when we move to Virginia in April. I'm thinking of using the modification that Reefthuz did replacing suction cups with magnets. I reviewed your build thread and see where your skimmer is doing a great job for its size. Your tank looks great as well.

Stellywags

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stelleywags, thanks so much for your response. In the meantime, I did add the 115 mini skimmer to my equipment collection. I'll be setting up my Biocube when we move to Virginia in April. I'm thinking of using the modification that Reefthuz did replacing suction cups with magnets. I reviewed your build thread and see where your skimmer is doing a great job for its size. Your tank looks great as well.
Thank you!, Make sure to start a build thread when you set your Biocube up so I can follow along!

OP
OP
CavalierReef

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to, Stellywags. I have modified the cabinet so by attaching refrigerator moving wheels I can roll it away from the wall for easier maintenance. I also installed an 8 plug outlet with individual switches. I trying to have only one "umbilical" cord plugged into the wall.

Aquarium Cabinet with Refrigerator wheels.jpg

Mauldenski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know i'm a few months behind on this, but I am currently running the V-2 Coralife skimmer with great results on my Biocube 32. It does run a bit wetter then i perfer, but it really has done a great job of pulling some nasty skim. I think there may be a picture or too on my build thread.
Hi! I'm new to the hobby and have had my Biocube 32 for about two months now. Mine came with the new Coralife skimmer, and it gets the job done. The microbubbles are driving me nuts. Are you having the same issue?

Stellywags

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I'm new to the hobby and have had my Biocube 32 for about two months now. Mine came with the new Coralife skimmer, and it gets the job done. The microbubbles are driving me nuts. Are you having the same issue?
I had that same problem. I had that skimmer in chamber one, and I ended up putting a piece of poly filter wedged between the skimmer and the sump grate at the top, which really helped stop the micro bubbles from entering the display.

wheels 45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the original Coralife protien skimmer in my 32 gallon biocube. It took a while for it to break in. but it is skimming pretty well now. I have been debating switching to the new version to see how it does.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back