CoralLife Seascape 48" on a 55g

FishyThings

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Messages
91
Reaction score
25
Location
Waretown, Nj
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this CoralLife Seascape for my 55g its 21" tall 12" wide and 4' long
I was planning to only have lps and softies in the tank
If the light is not strong enough I was wondering if two of these on each end would work out: Amazon product ASIN B07F5B5GRBAND if those dont work then I would go with a black box probably a Phlizon

I would run the light at max settings to get as much par as I can out of it
 
At only 23 watts, it's a fine fish only fixture for a 21" tall tank. IMHO it's very iffy for coral health and growth. Two units will not be a big improvement. The issue isn't the amount of light, but the penetration into the water.

Consider 2 Mars Aqua leds or a 32" Viparspectra fixture. Lots of reefers here use them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new