Coralline Algae

icehood24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just planning a bit ahead for my tank and I was wondering when and how I should introduce coralline algae into my fish tank. None of my lfs stores have any live rock with it.

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We sell coralline from our QT farms tanks if you are looking for some. We ship anywhere in the Unites States

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good life investment for the tank is, in my opinion, a softball sized piece of rock from the gulf or the keys. one of the very many benefits will be at least one type/color of Coraline.
Seems expensive at the time but it can be rounded out with CUC and or MacroAlgae at a very good price

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just planning a bit ahead for my tank and I was wondering when and how I should introduce coralline algae into my fish tank. None of my lfs stores have any live rock with it.
Wait until your tank matures, I tried adding live rock, snails and other assorted liquids with coraline algae in the first few months to no avail, then the tank hit stable parameters with the big 3 Alk, Cal and mag and poof like magic the stuff is everywhere.

I now have to clean my powerheads monthly, my side glass that I don't clean so as the snails and urchin can graze is covered with it.

The tank is a BB and it's all over the bottom.

Time and patience is King when it comes to coraline.

Good luck finding your pot of Pink Gold, stuff is pretty.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back