corals and nems not thriving

A lower PH is normal in darkness.
I doubt that PH has any connection at all.
I’ve had 7.8 (if I even believe the test) at night with 8 through lighted times for a decade.

UV sterilers lower both pest algae’s like Dino’s and the good guy stuff as well. It’s those good guys which consume the phosphates which feed our corals. These guys also keep rocks clean and sand white.

Unless I’m targeting something, and only for short periods would I use UV.
 
A lower PH is normal in darkness.
I doubt that PH has any connection at all.
I’ve had 7.8 (if I even believe the test) at night with 8 through lighted times for a decade.

UV sterilers lower both pest algae’s like Dino’s and the good guy stuff as well. It’s those good guys which consume the phosphates which feed our corals. These guys also keep rocks clean and sand white.

Unless I’m targeting something, and only for short periods would I use UV.
Its not dark anymore. the blackout ended a couple days ago FYI
 
hello, i picked it up from petco since my lfs didnt have it. bit confused on instructions
 
Your blackout may be part of the cause for your low pH test, also, the increased breakdown of the dead dinos through ammonification and nitrification. I wouldn't necessarily jump to starting to add buffers. Performing a water change is probably the best prescription here. It will lower Nitrates and probably bring your pH up.
 
Last edited:
hello, i picked it up from petco since my lfs didnt have it. bit confused on instructions
Okay, it should say in order to raise dKH by one in a certain amount of water takes so much buffer. Something like 5g per 50 liters or something similar.
 
Your parameters are fine. They are pretty close to mine. My nitrates are 34 and phos is 0.26. All my corals are thriving. My PH is stable between 7.9-8.2 7.9 is not bad unless its dipping in the 7.5 or below range at night which I highly doubt.

Either its a light issue or your having swings in your parameters.
 
Take a screenshot when in the app. Lots of people run AI lights on this app
IMG_1928.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new