OP
calimel

calimel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be totally fine cycling with test kits ive done it since Y2K lol. If your using API kit you may want to upgrade to red sea or nyos as the nitrate and ammonia api kits are known to fail whether that be user error or just outdated science or combination of all of the above.

In case anyone ever reads this in the future. I want to clarify that not all mushroom corals are created equally when it comes to hardiness.
The only mushroom corals I can speak on in regards to cycling and hardiness are OG bounce, Sunkist bounce, Golden gonzo, Jersey, Cb orange, Frankenstein, most discos. All bounces I have ever grown.

Would not reccomend cycling any system with a Jawbreaker in fact I wouldn't reccomend a Jawbreaker shroom to anyone not in a mature well established stabile system.
I appreciate the clarification on the corals. I will do some research on the species you mentioned! Really excited!

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the words of wisdom. I have no idea why my cycle is stalling, but I will do my best to listen to my tank. I've heard that GSP's are quite prolific and will take over your tank. Is that your experience?
My gsp are quite easy to maintain, I keep them on rubble so whenever I feel like there’s too much I cut a chunk of rubble loose and bam! I’ve got a frag to sell! Possibly very difficult to keep under control on a hard scape though

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back