corals not doing well

QuentinSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals aren't open much today, and my toadstool is completely shrivelled up. Today I was moving a rock to make space for a feather duster worm, and my toadstool was barely attached to the rock, and he fell off, I then put him back and wedged him in the rock. He is now all shrivelled up and looking worse than ever. My other corals are also a bit closed, what should I do?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what should I do?
You should wait a day or two since they have only been unhappy for a day.

If they are still looking bad after a couple days, please post photos and your tank details including all parameters.

* The fact that your toadstool is affected may be a clue to the cause of the problem with the other corals. Toadstools can release chemicals that irritate other coral, especially LPS. Toads shed regularly and can look like there is something wrong, but it's just what they do.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
99% of problems in this hobby are caused by unstable water parameters. The other 1% are caused by introducing corals too early, bad tank husbandry, impatience, impulsiveness, laziness, and tinkering. I'm an expert in all of these

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals aren't open much today, and my toadstool is completely shrivelled up. Today I was moving a rock to make space for a feather duster worm, and my toadstool was barely attached to the rock, and he fell off, I then put him back and wedged him in the rock. He is now all shrivelled up and looking worse than ever. My other corals are also a bit closed, what should I do?
Need a complete list of water parameters. Lights your using and flow.
Leave it alone. You stressed it out
Stressed out yes, but was clearly unhappy for some time to be detached.
You should wait a day or two since they have only been unhappy for a day.

If they are still looking bad after a couple days, please post photos and your tank details including all parameters.

* The fact that your toadstool is affected may be a clue to the cause of the problem with the other corals. Toadstools can release chemicals that irritate other coral, especially LPS. Toads shed regularly and can look like there is something wrong, but it's just what they do.
Clearly unhappy more than a day for a leather to be detached from a rock. Something in water quality or flow is not right.

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I want that length and depth so I can atleast have a yellow tang bare minimum but I like how they look but they are a awesome utilitarian fish they peck all day long

OP
OP
QuentinSaltwater

QuentinSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Clearly unhappy more than a day for a leather to be detached from a rock. Something in water quality or flow is not right.
Salinity: 1.024
PH: 8
Alk: 8
Nitrate: 5

Flow is only return pump 100gph, I want to get a koralia nano 240gph.
The toadstool wasn’t very well attached because he had only been there for about a week I think.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how old is the tank? How long have you had the corals? A tank pic tells a thousand words.....

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity: 1.024
PH: 8
Alk: 8
Nitrate: 5

Flow is only return pump 100gph, I want to get a koralia nano 240gph.
The toadstool wasn’t very well attached because he had only been there for about a week I think.
Ah, only a week. Best way to attach to a rock is to pierce the stalk with a toothpick and use elastic band to secure to a rock. After a month, remove the toothpick.
Are you using carbon?
Get that flow up, coral need to wash away the waste with flow. No other power head?
Pic of the tank?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said his OTHER coral had been unhappy for a day. Also, the toad was never fully attached to anything

reeferguy3303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP never stated how long he had before my post :)

OP
OP
QuentinSaltwater

QuentinSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how old is the tank? How long have you had the corals? A tank pic tells a thousand words.....
The tank is around 7 months old, but i've only had these corals for around 2 weeks and a couple days, the toadstool was in one spot for 1 week, but I moved him because he fell. I'm experiencing some dinos right now too.
image.jpg

OP
OP
QuentinSaltwater

QuentinSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm using the ai prime 16hd, 43% UV, 43% Violet, 31% blue and royal blue, 0% red and green and moonlight, 15% white.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back