Corals not opening up anymore.

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the bottle thing your suggesting nesscary? I am going to follow the advice and not add anything for awhile.

As for the skimmer/sock thing I only have a canister filter for my tank.

Would it be nesscary to get a power head as well to help the tank?
The Dr Tim’s or Biospira aren’t necessary per se... but you’ve put fish and coral into an uncycled tank, and it’s your responsibility to get it cycled with as little stress to your pets as possible. The bottled bacteria are inexpensive, and will help greatly in seeding your tank with the proper bacteria colonies to get it cycled without having ammonia spikes.

You can leave your canister running as is.

With regard to a power head, I’d need to know the flow rate of your canister filter, as well as the size (dimensions and gallons) of your tank, and I would need to know what you would like to end up with corals wise, but my suspicion is that if you currently have no power heads, you will certainly need them.

OP
OP
B

Brandon7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Dr Tim’s or Biospira aren’t necessary per se... but you’ve put fish and coral into an uncycled tank, and it’s your responsibility to get it cycled with as little stress to your pets as possible. The bottled bacteria are inexpensive, and will help greatly in seeding your tank with the proper bacteria colonies to get it cycled without having ammonia spikes.

With regard to a power head, I’d need to know the flow rate of your canister filter, as well as the size (dimensions and gallons) of your tank, and I would need to know what you would like to end up with corals wise, but my suspicion is that if you currently have no power heads, you will certainly need them.
Okay maybe it would be a good idea to get the Dr Tims.

And I would have to get the info your asking for sure. I would like to have some flow in my tank.

OP
OP
B

Brandon7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thought everything was getting way better. Just got home and seen this
2a05c81da1ef1a1746df49cfb6055a19.jpg

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You defiantly need to pump the breaks and do some heavy researching on the cycling process and the needs of coral and fish.

You can’t jump into this hobby and figure it out on the fly.

More flow would help. Are you monitoring you CA, ALK?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Brandon7878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You defiantly need to pump the breaks and do some heavy researching on the cycling process and the needs of coral and fish.

You can’t jump into this hobby and figure it out on the fly.

More flow would help. Are you monitoring you CA, ALK?
I've had the tank active for 3 months now. Everything is going good except for now. I have no ammonia. My levels are stable.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I had figured out what was wrong with my corals but since I turned the light down for less hours my pulsating Zenya had been getting worse. My other two are in the same state (hammer and purple coral) and my new addition is the torch and it seems to be doing fine. I am in serious trouble and don't want them to die. Please let me know what you need from me for direction.
c866a9a5aa2f5abe796bae3f2620c03d.jpg
f3590b14f26ec723ea54ec73df16be9c.jpg
d806c36b27ac32e69be00f88b1e487df.jpg
What's ammonia readings?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back