Corals not opening up anymore.

Discussion in 'Global Local Reef Club Discussion' started by Brandon7878, Oct 5, 2017.

1. iemsparticus

iemsparticus The Addiction is Real R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

The Dr Tim’s or Biospira aren’t necessary per se... but you’ve put fish and coral into an uncycled tank, and it’s your responsibility to get it cycled with as little stress to your pets as possible. The bottled bacteria are inexpensive, and will help greatly in seeding your tank with the proper bacteria colonies to get it cycled without having ammonia spikes.

You can leave your canister running as is.

With regard to a power head, I’d need to know the flow rate of your canister filter, as well as the size (dimensions and gallons) of your tank, and I would need to know what you would like to end up with corals wise, but my suspicion is that if you currently have no power heads, you will certainly need them.

2. Brandon7878

Brandon7878 Active Member

Okay maybe it would be a good idea to get the Dr Tims.

And I would have to get the info your asking for sure. I would like to have some flow in my tank.

3. Brandon7878

Thought everything was getting way better. Just got home and seen this[​IMG]

4. USMC 4 LIFE

USMC 4 LIFE Well-Known Member

You defiantly need to pump the breaks and do some heavy researching on the cycling process and the needs of coral and fish.

You can’t jump into this hobby and figure it out on the fly.

More flow would help. Are you monitoring you CA, ALK?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  5. Brandon7878

I've had the tank active for 3 months now. Everything is going good except for now. I have no ammonia. My levels are stable.

6. Jomama

Jomama Marine fish monthly R2R Supporter

What's ammonia readings?

Draft saved Draft deleted