Corals spreading after light change

Jakebob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started to see diatoms at the bottom of my tank so I backed off my lights by and hour or two to help counter and since then both my hairy mushrooms have split and my Kenya tree has dropped of 3 new corals, would the light change have done this? Should I leave the lights were they are or turn them back up soon like I was planing ( on for about 6 hrs now)
Any thoughts are appreciated

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s possible that your lighting is responsible for this, however, there are many other variables that effect corals in a tank from, temperature, salinity, nutrient levels, nitrates and phosphates, turbidity and other water parameter issues just to name a few. Try experimenting it’s your light duration and intensity to achieve optimum results.

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started to see diatoms at the bottom of my tank so I backed off my lights by and hour or two to help counter and since then both my hairy mushrooms have split and my Kenya tree has dropped of 3 new corals, would the light change have done this? Should I leave the lights were they are or turn them back up soon like I was planing ( on for about 6 hrs now)
Any thoughts are appreciated

I wouldn't think shortening the photoperiod by a couple of hours would do this, but I could be wrong. How long was it between changing your photoperiod and the change with the coral?

What are your current parameters? Any other changes or major maintenance done?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 106 43.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 117 47.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.3%
Back