Corals where to order from

Akreefnewguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im in a pickle for getting corals where I live. I need to order online. Out of curiosity because I don't find it to be a good idea. Has anyone ordered zoas of of Etsy , I see advertised corals but not sure that would be a good place to order corals. Thoughts or feed back if anyone has.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So im in a pickle for getting corals where I live. I need to order online. Out of curiosity because I don't find it to be a good idea. Has anyone ordered zoas of of Etsy , I see advertised corals but not sure that would be a good place to order corals. Thoughts or feed back if anyone has.
We have many sponsors on the attached list that are reputable. Also local reef clubs and craigslist

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can personally vouch for AquaSD and Your Reef (who is/was running a sale today, you can likely still grab a few great steals!) for West Coast orders. Both are priced well (IMO) and have excellent shipping!

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can personally vouch for AquaSD and Your Reef (who is/was running a sale today, you can likely still grab a few great steals!) for West Coast orders. Both are priced well (IMO) and have excellent shipping!
I love locally to AquaSD and agree they are great, just know what you are shopping for. As mentioned, lots of great online vendors and for the longest time I was afraid of shipped corals. I'll be honest and say I've had some misses, but often they are pretty good or they wouldn't still be around.

My two cents is understand the market by looking at multiple vendors, know what kind of coral you are buying (wild acros and gonis are harder than ones passed around the hobby forever), and price shop for what it is and not the name. There could be something called one thing on one vendors page that is exactly the same and cheaper elsewhere.

Cyanohater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you are out here in the south east get on Top Shelf Aquatics. mind I ask (assuming you are in the US) what state you are in?

mww00ds

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another great vendor is SBB corals. They do mostly once a month sales on here. But are very passionate about what pieces they sale, and are very responsive to questions. They're next sale is March 17th. Not gonna lie, one of my tanks is between 85-95% corals from them, and have only lost a few due to my own issues.

Reefing.with.Rich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
If you want great deals and amazing zoas get with lowcountry coral boys
Best costumer service out there and the corals are always top notch

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought two zoas from an eBay seller. Beautiful zoas but brought #$&*ing velvet in my tank and the plugs were NASTY. Would not recommend eBay

OP
OP
A

Akreefnewguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but are they willing to ship to Alaska
Don't get me wrong I am researching that myself , just looking to see who people like ordering through online . If I had a LFS I would certainly go there. Closest is 7 hr drive. But they will air mail up here, so I have one so far

REM2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered extensively from four professional online stores and had good and bad experiences with three of them--and only good experiences with AquaSD, which I definitely recommend. Not sure how bad shipping from SoCal to Alaska will go, and if I had to nitpick something about them, I'd say they are not as fantastic at packaging as one of the others I use (they're still really good at it, just not the absolute best). But they run really great sales, have a nice variety, and they've always sent me very healthy, gorgeous pieces. I've also ordered a fair number of zoas through individual sellers on eBay, again with mixed results ranging from paying for frags I never got, to DOAs, to wrong items, to phenomenally priced steals and unexpected freebies. Honestly my biggest concern with ordering through Etsy/eBay/etc. would be whether the seller has the ability to pack and ship them for the best shot at survival with such a long (and probably cold) transit. You're also more likely to run into the problem of whether any individual seller has enough variety of what you'd like to order to justify the shipping costs.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back