A

Akreefnewguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean maybe you can try

I mean maybe you can try it but idk

I've ordered extensively from four professional online stores and had good and bad experiences with three of them--and only good experiences with AquaSD, which I definitely recommend. Not sure how bad shipping from SoCal to Alaska will go, and if I had to nitpick something about them, I'd say they are not as fantastic at packaging as one of the others I use (they're still really good at it,
I've ordered extensively from four professional online stores and had good and bad experiences with three of them--and only good experiences with AquaSD, which I definitely recommend. Not sure how bad shipping from SoCal to Alaska will go, and if I had to nitpick something about them, I'd say they are not as fantastic at packaging as one of the others I use (they're still really good at it, just not the absolute best). But they run really great sales, have a nice variety, and they've always sent me very healthy, gorgeous pieces. I've also ordered a fair number of zoas through individual sellers on eBay, again with mixed results ranging from paying for frags I never got, to DOAs, to wrong items, to phenomenally priced steals and unexpected freebies. Honestly my biggest concern with ordering through Etsy/eBay/etc. would be whether the seller has the ability to pack and ship them for the best shot at survival with such a long (and probably cold) transit. You're also more likely to run into the problem of whether any individual seller has enough variety of what you'd like to order to justify the shipping costs.
Anything to fragile I'd only order during summer
just not the absolute best). But they run really great sales, have a nice variety, and they've always sent me very healthy, gorgeous pieces. I've also ordered a fair number of zoas through individual sellers on eBay, again with mixed results ranging from paying for frags I never got, to DOAs, to wrong items, to phenomenally priced steals and unexpected freebies. Honestly my biggest concern with ordering through Etsy/eBay/etc. would be whether the seller has the ability to pack and ship them for the best shot at survival with such a long (and probably cold) transit. You're also more likely to run into the problem of whether any individual seller has enough variety of what you'd like to order to justify the shipping costs.

Cyanohater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered extensively from four professional online stores and had good and bad experiences with three of them--and only good experiences with AquaSD, which I definitely recommend. Not sure how bad shipping from SoCal to Alaska will go, and if I had to nitpick something about them, I'd say they are not as fantastic at packaging as one of the others I use (they're still really good at it, just not the absolute best). But they run really great sales, have a nice variety, and they've always sent me very healthy, gorgeous pieces. I've also ordered a fair number of zoas through individual sellers on eBay, again with mixed results ranging from paying for frags I never got, to DOAs, to wrong items, to phenomenally priced steals and unexpected freebies. Honestly my biggest concern with ordering through Etsy/eBay/etc. would be whether the seller has the ability to pack and ship them for the best shot at survival with such a long (and probably cold) transit. You're also more likely to run into the problem of whether any individual seller has enough variety of what you'd like to order to justify the shipping costs.
I just did a little bit of looking. and it seems some of the best options you'll have is to find other hobbyists. I read a few were gonna start a frag trade maybe. So that's what I'll recommend for now. (maybe you can open up a store in fairbanks, seems to a higher demand I doubt it'll fail)

OP
OP
A

Akreefnewguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a little bit of looking. and it seems some of the best options you'll have is to find other hobbyists. I read a few were gonna start a frag trade maybe. So that's what I'll recommend for now. (maybe you can open up a store in fairbanks, seems to a higher demand I doubt it'll fail)
It would be fun , ive gotten three familie members intrigued in starting soon. Even if I can't open a store I might try a club to start accumulating tanks and different corals hopefully it will progress. For the people in the lower 48. I have cabins and a taxi tour company, do aurora tours etc friends do snow machines and dog mushing. Id be willing to work out alaska adventures vacation in trades as well.

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be fun , ive gotten three familie members intrigued in starting soon. Even if I can't open a store I might try a club to start accumulating tanks and different corals hopefully it will progress. For the people in the lower 48. I have cabins and a taxi tour company, do aurora tours etc friends do snow machines and dog mushing. Id be willing to work out alaska adventures vacation in trades as well.
Aqua SD ships up here. I reached out to them. I live in the valley said shipping here was $29 dollars. so I was stoked to hear that. Idk if fairbanks would be the same but worth a try.

OP
OP
A

Akreefnewguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua SD ships up here. I reached out to them. I live in the valley said shipping here was $29 dollars. so I was stoked to hear that. Idk if fairbanks would be the same but worth a try.
It is $29 I order a few different softies, see how they arrive on the 2nd.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im in a pickle for getting corals where I live. I need to order online. Out of curiosity because I don't find it to be a good idea. Has anyone ordered zoas of of Etsy , I see advertised corals but not sure that would be a good place to order corals. Thoughts or feed back if anyone has.
I’ve enjoy doing business with Battle Corals, Aqua SD, Cherry Corals, SBB Corals, RipTide & TCK Corals. There are different reasons why I consider these my 6 main online vendors. Frags are beautiful and for the most part clean. Some venders have more pest/algae on plugs than others. I’ve taken note of this and process the frags accordingly.

OP
OP
A

Akreefnewguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve enjoy doing business with Battle Corals, Aqua SD, Cherry Corals, SBB Corals, RipTide & TCK Corals. There are different reasons why I consider these my 6 main online vendors. Frags are beautiful and for the most part clean. Some venders have more pest/algae on plugs than others. I’ve taken note of this and process the frags accordingly.
I'm going through AquaSD, how did you like theirs?

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through AquaSD, how did you like theirs?
I’ve ordered from them several times. I enjoy using AquaSD because their frags are clean and very colorful. They also have a large variety of different corals and critters. From gorgonia >clams> Nice acans> starfish> to awesome looking Mushies! Their shipping fee is very reasonable compared to others also.
BCE91677-5A3A-4449-B8C5-618DE6FD0378.jpeg

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. Unfortunately they waited until the day of shipping to let me no it was to cold still. They are hoping to send on the 8th now when it should be around 20 above.
Oh man what a bummer. I just stopped at alaska coral yesterday and there’s came in. I’m sure it’s for the for the best though.

OP
OP
A

Akreefnewguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man what a bummer. I just stopped at alaska coral yesterday and there’s came in. I’m sure it’s for the for the best though.
I apologize for blue light new pics to come. But aquasd came through.

Attachments

• 20230309_133427.jpg
    20230309_133427.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230309_135746.jpg
    20230309_135746.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 39

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for blue light new pics to come. But aquasd came through.
Oh hell yeah that’s awesome man! I’m so jealous. I’m cycling my new aqua scape I made. waiting till that’s done before I add anymore coral. I did pick these little buggers up at alaska coral last week though. The Duncan is already getting two more heads.

Attachments

• 00B94A12-C7AB-4045-B409-EBA6995915E5.jpeg
    00B94A12-C7AB-4045-B409-EBA6995915E5.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 75679048-80EF-4C16-B24D-3EBBA3DE7054.jpeg
    75679048-80EF-4C16-B24D-3EBBA3DE7054.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 32
  • AC484785-D900-464B-BEF6-9A4529EAEF66.jpeg
    AC484785-D900-464B-BEF6-9A4529EAEF66.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
A

Akreefnewguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh hell yeah that’s awesome man! I’m so jealous. I’m cycling my new aqua scape I made. waiting till that’s done before I add anymore coral. I did pick these little buggers up at alaska coral last week though. The Duncan is already getting two more heads.

Attachments

• 20230309_160739.jpg
    20230309_160739.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230309_192351.jpg
    20230309_192351.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
A

Akreefnewguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only bummer of my day was one of my clownfish decided to host my anenome, I was going to take it back lol can't now.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back