Corals

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, orderd some new corals and an anemone for my clowns. Arrives tomorrow so would like some quick advice please.

I know bta move around and will sting anything in thair way so I'm wondering should I add the anemone in overnight and place the corals in a bucket or something untill he gets his spot? Or Place them in the sandbed or just thair spots I think they will look good?

I have a plan on where the nem is going which is the highest most intense spot in the tank but ofc he will probably move. I got some pretty expensive frags so I don't want any of them to die.

What should I do?

The top left rock I'd the one I plan on having him, sorry for blue light

Screenshot_20200921-124259.png

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try putting it in the hole/crevice if that top left rock. Just turn off the powerhead flow and put a sponge or wrap floss around the canister intake. I would not turn off the canister for a long period or risk the bacteria dying. Not sure what is in there.

I would suggest that you shove the anemones foot into the crevice and then cup it for 5 to 10 mins. It should attached within that time.

just know that the anemone will love to where it wants. So you will constantly have this problem with corals possibility of getting stung. But I wouldn’t move them out of the tank just for a BTA to get settled in.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok
You can try putting it in the hole/crevice if that top left rock. Just turn off the powerhead flow and put a sponge or wrap floss around the canister intake. I would not turn off the canister for a long period or risk the bacteria dying. Not sure what is in there.

I would suggest that you shove the anemones foot into the crevice and then cup it for 5 to 10 mins. It should attached within that time.

just know that the anemone will love to where it wants. So you will constantly have this problem with corals possibility of getting stung. But I wouldn’t move them out of the tank just for a BTA to get settled in.
Okay thanks, yeah I plan on gluing the corals as I've had some die due to chunky hermits with huge shells knock them over.

The crevice u are on about is exactly the place I was thinking as it goes almost to the other side of the rock.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back