0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers

I ordered some corals from bluelinecoral here is the list below

Palys
Rhodactus
Rhodactus
Zoas
Neon Rhodactus

My Palys, Zoas and 1 Rhodactus have opened and are shining bright, my other one didn't come in and the other is closed

Parameters

salinity:1.025
PH:7.9
Ammonia:0
Nitrate;2
Nitrite:0

How do I get my nitrate up

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is this an emergency exactly? I get the sense that this a relatively new tank, but without any details on tank the tank such as lighting, flow, filtration, reef inhabitants (etc.) it's hard to even know where to begin.

OP
OP
E

ethanlovesfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is this an emergency exactly? I get the sense that this a relatively new tank, but without any details on tank the tank such as lighting, flow, filtration, reef inhabitants (etc.) it's hard to even know where to begin.
this tank is 1.5 months old and his ding well, should I move the coral somewhere else in the tank since the other one is open

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not, how do I bring nitrate up
I'm sorry about some people being angry over the emergency tag. They want to help you, but that is not how people on this forum generally use the emergency tag. The tag means that something is critically wrong and requires help. For example, if somebody's tank bust a seam, or a tank got a plague of ich, they would use the emergency tag. People rush to come help to save your tank, but see coral frags not doing well. In the future, please only use the emergency tag in a crisis. You can get your nitrates up by feeding the tank even if there are no fish. Water changes remove nitrates, so don't do those unless you need too. Your corals would do best with between 5 and 10 nitrates, so just increase feeding and stop doing water changes for a while. I hope that this helps!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry about some people being angry over the emergency tag. They want to help you, but that is not how people on this forum generally use the emergency tag. The tag means that something is critically wrong and requires help. For example, if somebody's tank bust a seam, or a tank got a plague of ich, they would use the emergency tag. People rush to come help to save your tank, but see coral frags not doing well. In the future, please only use the emergency tag in a crisis. You can get your nitrates up by feeding the tank even if there are no fish. Water changes remove nitrates, so don't do those unless you need too. Your corals would do best with between 5 and 10 nitrates, so just increase feeding and stop doing water changes for a while. I hope that this helps!
That's not why we're fed up with him. Look at his previous threads and you'll see.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back