Coralvue CR140D experience needed!

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody on here have experience with the Coralvue CR140D? (https://www.fishtanksdirect.com/cor...-dual-chamber-calcium-reactor-oct-cr140d.aspx)
I could potentially acquire one depending on if the seller is willing to ship (they're not sure about packaging to keep the carrier from damaging it)
I mainly just looking for anybody that has used one in the past, what they thought of it, how it worked, if they got rid of it why, etc.
I tried searching but am having trouble finding some good threads about them
Thanks in advance!

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the only real concerns for CA reactors is leaks, and ease of pump replacement IMO.
Beyond that the magic is in the control systems you use.
I.E. The CO2 regulator, PH control, and dosing pump.
It's these other elements that matter far more than the reactor body in my opinion.
Shipping will be an issue - unless it's REALLY well packed - I would expect it to be broken on arrival.

OP
OP
jlts21

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the only real concerns for CA reactors is leaks, and ease of pump replacement IMO.
Beyond that the magic is in the control systems you use.
I.E. The CO2 regulator, PH control, and dosing pump.
It's these other elements that matter far more than the reactor body in my opinion.
Shipping will be an issue - unless it's REALLY well packed - I would expect it to be broken on arrival.
Okay that’s what I was thinking but wasn’t sure. I plan on going with a solenoid and ph probe and controlling it with my apex and getting the komoer pump as well

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 82 33.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back